Friday, May 1, 2009

public plaques

http://www.fromkeetra.com/

"I have an odd relationship with my settings. A personified world keeps me entertained, optimistic & allows me a secret link to a community that travels the same path. I have a crush on this lamp post - I SWEAR it flirts with me - flickering occasionally as a walk by. I am sure it affections are not only mine, but this is a comfort. I hope the fluttering light brings a flush to someone else check. Blushing is pure joy.
This grouping of plaques re-contextualizes interpersonal phrases. Familiar slogans used during delightful moments of play or as a childhood reassurance are placed within public spaces. I hope to stimulate a discrete communal dialogue, insert moments of discovery into the daily routine & encourage a more intimate relation with a chosen path."




1 comment: